Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in the following fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
1. Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
2. Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
3. Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
4. Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
5. Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
6. Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
7. Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
8. Order parts and maintain required documents.
9. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
10. Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Graduate
Two years prior experience in facility maintenance
Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry a must
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1.Strong communication and interpersonal skills
2.Must be customer service oriented
3.Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
4.Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently
5.Ability to use common tools
6.Ability to work with minimal supervision
7.Valid Ohio Driver’s license
3.Ability to lift minimum of 100 pounds
4.Ability to climb ladders
5.Ability to bend at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
6.Ability to pass drug testing