ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com , or www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for directing and managing all applicable operations in a facility including maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, and/or custodial services. May have other responsibilities such as transportation and capitalplanning.
Scope of Role
Accounts vary in size 300k to 1M GSF and generally range from between 1 to 3 units . Total managed volume is $1 - 5 million and roughly 1. 3 million square feet of athethic space. Generally manages 30 or more employees.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Responsible for increasing business volume of facility service.
- Create and develop relationships with client.
- Oversee all facility operations managed at an account.
- Oversee Capital Projects on behalf of the Facility.
- Tour and inspect the facility, coordinating total quality management requirements.
- Oversee budget, including labor costs, supply costs, inventories, and purchased services, and ensure services are in agreement between ARAMARK and the client.
- Lead, guide and direct each service manager at an account.
- Ensure all requests from client and customers are closed loop with communication back to the requestors.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Set and track Key Performance Indicators.
- Order, maintain, and use capital equipment efficiently.
- Complete and approve weekly and monthly financial operating reports.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and environmental regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Maintain staffing and scheduling requirement.
- Respond to requests of client, campus community, DM, RVP, and Corporate Staff.
- Implement training and development of employees and Human Resources policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for utilization of computerized management systems.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of Facility Manager responsibilities.
- Provide training on equipment specific to the facility.
- Pursue and participate in courses toward Certified Plant Maintenance Manager (CPMM).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Bachelors Degree in appropriate field with 2-3 years of technical experience in the appropriate facilities services environment required.
Technical knowledge of maintenance equipment, cleaning procedures, and capital project management and experience overseeing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment is required.
Strong financial analysis skills and P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is preferred.
ARAMARK - 12 months ago
Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind Compass...