The Facility Manager directs activities of service center to coordinate movement and storage of customers materials from suppliers through our service center network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Directs oversight of facility staff with input on hiring, training, scheduling, etc.
Maintains a professional environment that fosters team spirit while achieving customer demands.
Ensures employees are trained to the level necessary to perform the essential functions of their job in a timely manner.
Assumes new team roles, shares relevant information, and conducts team meetings on a regular basis.
· Oversees inbound tracking, receiving, put-away, cycle count, and inventory control procedures.
Supervises picking, packing, and timely staging of outbound orders.
· Prioritizes and controls workload in and out of the facility in order to meet customers transportation schedules.
Works with production managers to ensure smooth flow of product into the facility.
· Ensures employees follow operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
· Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding facility operations.
· Maintains a profitable and professional relationship with carriers and looks for new opportunities for carrier development when possible.
· Works to improve safety record and looks for new opportunities to maintain a safe working environment.
Conducts or facilitates safety training as needed or required.
· Works with customers to resolve issues (may require limited travel).
· Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Three to five years experience in warehouse management in a medium sized warehouse operation. Prefer a degree in logistics and transportation.
This position requires the ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English and Spanish.
ProTrans International, Inc. - 15 months ago