Under supervision, operates water and waste water treatment processes and facilities, controlling the variations of flow rates and processing methods and needed maintenance and repairs on plants distribution systems and pumps and booster stations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Performs scheduled plant inspections, and serves as Operator in Responsible Charge of assigned systems.
2. Monitors gauges, meters and control panels; and controls variations and operating conditions of the treatment process. Records meter and gauge readings.
3. Maintains all records pertaining to production, maintenance and treatment as required including reading charts, flow meters, and gauges to detect equipment malfunctions.
4. Collects samples and performs necessary chemical analysis in accordance with system sampling requirements.
5. Extracts samples and performs routine laboratory tests, documenting and certifying test results.
6. Performs other duties or special projects as requested related to the area of responsibility.
7. Must be available to work overtime and “on call” responsibilities as scheduled.
8. Responsible for addressing service orders pertaining to customer service, water distribution and/or collections system calls.
Minimum of 3 years experience at a utility or related industry which provided mechanical experience or training.
•Minimum C Well or Grade I Waste Water
•Valid U.S. driver’s license
•Within 90 days of hire must obtain a CDL Class C with Hazmat endorsement
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Aqua America helps keep water clean and people quenched. It is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water distribution and...