Job Title: Facility Physical Security Specialist (CONUS)
Reports To: The Customer and the PM
Work Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Clearance: TOP Secret/SCI
Start Date: This position is contingent upon award of contract in Dec 2012
Advantage SCI, LLC is currently seeking Facility Physical Security Specialist candidates to be considered for immediate employment for a DoD agency in the Washington DC Metro Area.
This candidate will be required to:
Conduct physical security operations for all collateral and SCI cleared facilities. Demonstrate knowledge of governing laws, regulations precedents, and directives governing
Government security program. Provide in-depth knowledge of government physical security program concepts and principles. Ensures that Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) is properly controlled, transmitted, destroyed, packaged, safeguarded and (where appropriate) brought under accountability in accordance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICD 705).
- Ensure that SCIFS comply with applicable construction and physical requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Ensures that SCI information is disseminated only to persons with authorized access who have an established need-to-know, and conducts, manages, or coordinates required SCI personnel actions and procedures, to include access requests and transmission of clearance access verification messages.
- Assists with the security training, development and instruction of assigned personnel.
- Prepares courier packages for classified material being transported by authorized couriers and maintains logs.
- Assists in the administration of the SCI program to ensure that assigned personnel possess up to date and fully completed clearances.
- Participates, as required, in investigations of reported security violations, suspected compromises, or actual compromises of classified information, to include the conduct of interviews, the preparation of reports and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Coordinates the issuance of courier and SCIF access badges as required.
- Conduct periodic training presentations to security representatives to provide the most current knowledge of security policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections of facilities at different phases of construction to ensure construction methods comply with IC Departmental regulations.
- Resolve problems in existing security systems and programs requiring innovative solutions including all aspects of physical security, camera systems, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), badging, and entry/exit inspection.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an active TOP Secret/SCI Clearance
- A minimum of 3 years of facility security is required, with experience in supporting all relevant laws, regulations, and orders relevant to facility security.
- Comparable experience in managing collateral and SCI spaces and security personnel. You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency in oral and written communications and experience in interviewing.
- Be experienced in Microsoft Office products to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be experienced in conducting briefings
- Be available for flexible hours (to include evenings and weekends)
- Shall be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Noise level: Low to moderate
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)