Under general supervision, evaluates and applies standard space planning concepts, principals and practices to help maximize efficient use of existing limited facility resources, reduce costly moves or modifications (mods), and support long range facility planning. The planner shall comply with NASA space standards, criteria, procedures as well as long range plans for KSC facility consolidation and compliance.
- Developes physical space allocation plans through the manipulation of existing facility space planning applications and their availability reports. This includes monitoring general KSC move activity in order to help identify potentially available areas for reassignments.
- Initiates floor plan modification proposals and develops associated initial cost estimates for space modifications and planning approval purposes.
- Preforms physical space, field and database audits determining functional use, head-count and square footage in accordance with standard physical space regulations to maximize efficiency and function and correct invalid data as necessary.
- Coordinates with the Facility Utilization Officer, Directorate Facility Utilization Managers, Facility Managers, and functional managers as required.
- Enforces current space allocation criteria, standards and procedures.
- Preforms minor CAD usage for accessing information and creating PDF files, as well as basic creation and manipulation of CAD drawings.
- Coordinates, writes, and processes space allocation letters, which include facility floor plans and key maps of the assigned space.
- Maintains and updates the Tririga space database.
- Supports or preforms the ISC DFUM/Move Coordinator duties.
- Creates improved facility space quality of life initiatives and cost effective analyses. Interprets applicable routine contract documents that pertain to the Center's physical space.
- May initiate requests for new facilities and/or space, as well as justify continued use of existing assigned space.
- Provides assistance to the space utilization drafters and facility analyst with necessary field or database work.
- Helps to identify and correct incorrect room placard information.
- Preforms in compliance with Federal, State, local and NASA, laws, regulations, requirements and collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the branch, working within the limits of established policy.
- Fieldwork is required.
- Preforms other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Associates degree in related field with a minimum of two (2) years experience. Equavalent education/experience may be applicable.
- Must possess good working knowledge of common office software such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Must have knowledge of CAD.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make sound/routine, independent decisions based on the working knowledge of general business principles, company and corporate procedures, goals and priorities.
- Will be required to posess information that is business confidential.
- Candidate must posess and maintain a valid drivers license.
Dynamac Corporation - 24 months ago