Facility Project Engineer
As a Facility Project Engineer at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to provide the technical expertise, leadership and guidance to ensure the economical design, construction, installation and maintenance of assigned service systems, facilities and equipment, and other large-scope projects associated with Plant Engineering responsibilities.
This position requires the ability to direct the testing of generator sets, install and monitor test equipment and verify that it works according to given specifications. The incumbent must complete extensive documentation about the work. The engineer must review and approve all multi-discipline commissioning and testing processes and testing requests to ensure they are compliant with the procedures, specifications and standards of the project. Additionally, the incumbent must participate in meetings with engineers and internal customers to discuss projects. The engineer must calculate, draw and schedule plans to make sure projects are completed correctly and on time. Most importantly, he/she must strictly adhere to safety regulations and ensure testing facilities stay in compliance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintaining standards and specifications, recommending changes to resolve design and
construction problems, and writing periodic reports on the progress of the project.
* Providing leadership to other facilities engineers and directing efforts of contract engineering firms.
* Providing design information, reviewing and approving proposals and serving as the primary company contact.
* Estimating costs for equipment, materials and installation as a basis for determining the feasibility of alternatives and return on investment.
* Approving drawings, specifying equipment and writing purchase requisitions.
* Supervising work of outside contractors.
* Acting as a troubleshooter and investigating and determining causes for failure, lack of efficiency and need for repairing or improving systems or equipment.
* Resolving problems in designing the most economical, efficient systems, deciding what or which equipment should be purchased, making recommendations and keeping up-to-date on technical advances in the design field.
There is no relocation assistance for this position.
* ABET accredited Engineering or Engineering Technology degree and a) 2 years experience as a Facility Engineer 3 or b) 2 years experience as a Plant Engineering Supervisor or c) equivalent external experience which includes extensive maintenance or facility engineering function experience.
* 5+ years proven experience in power generation, power distribution, and industrial controls.
* Understanding of shop operations and maintenance procedures as well as previous experience in a particular discipline.
* High degree of experience and expertise in designing and/or redesigning service systems such as electrical power components for sub-stations, lighting systems, heat treat equipment, machine tool electrical equipment, material handling systems, filtration systems, paint systems, utilities for water, gas, steam, air, heating, ventilation, etc.
* Must have ability to communicate and have basic knowledge of functions performed by the skilled trades personnel.
* Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Solid understanding and regard for safety issues related to the power generator field.
* Must be familiar with NFP70E.
* Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Must work well independently and as part of a team.
* Must be service oriented.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 23, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-South Carolina-Newberry-NEWBERRY01-FG Wilson SC (USA) LLC
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...