GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
- DOD TOP SECRET Clearance
- 5 years proven experience as a FSO under NISPOM
- 3-5 years experience creating and maintaining FCL and associated requirements
- 3-5 years experience with NISPOM closed area requirements
- 3-5 years working in a collaborative environment with various government agencies to ensure nesting of DoD security regulations, NISPOM requirements, and security training.
- DSS Facility Security Officer Certification
- DSS Possessing Facility Certification
Job Duties :
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Site Security Manager (SSM)
- Create and maintain Visit Requests (VRs) in JPAS and/or ACAVS or issue Visit Authorization Letters (VALs) for contract personnel
- Ensure that facility and personnel security practices and procedures have been established, practiced and compliant in accordance with the NISPOM and DCID 6/9, as applicable
- Review and maintain the Master System Security Plan (MSSP)
- Support and coordinate security requirements to include clearance verification for all visitors to PMAS Process all classified material for travel and ensure courier orders are up to date
- Report to the Chief of Simulations & Operations, coordinate, and communicate with other government and contract personnel
- Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Advise senior management concerning the development, implementation and monitoring of day-to-day security practices
- Process security clearances and maintain personnel and facility security records
- Investigate and report security violations
- Process new and renewal security clearance questionnaires (SF-86)
- Process Visit Letters/Requests
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events