Solta Medical, Inc. (SLTM) is a global leader in the medical aesthetics market providing innovative, safe, and effective solutions for patients that enhance and expand the practice of medical aesthetics for physicians. The company offers products to address a range of skin issues under the industry's six premier brands: Thermage®, Fraxel®, Isolaz®, CLARO®, Clear + Brilliant™ and Liposonix®. Thermage is an innovative, non-invasive radiofrequency procedure for tightening and contouring skin. As the leader in fractional laser technology, Fraxel delivers minimally invasive clinical solutions to resurface aging and sun damaged skin. Isolaz was the first light based system indicated for the treatment of inflammatory acne, comedonal acne, pustular acne, and mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. CLARO is a personal care acne system that is the first FDA cleared over-the-counter IPL device that uses a powerful combination of both heat and light to clear skin quickly and naturally. Clear + Brilliant is a unique, cost-effective treatment that utilizes safe, fractional laser technology to prevent and maintain early signs of aging. Liposonix is a non-surgical treatment to reduce waist circumference with advanced high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology to permanently destroy targeted fat beneath the skin. Since 2002, approximately one million Thermage, Fraxel and Isolaz procedures have been performed in over 100 countries.
Our mission is to be the leader in developing transformational aesthetic products, procedures and services; building world class brands; and providing long term value for our stakeholders.
Solta Medical is looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a creative, challenging and professional environment - where respect for the energy of new ideas, diversity and teamwork can be found at every level of the organization. We create new opportunities for physicians and the patients they serve. And, of course, opportunities for our employees to grow and thrive.
Position Title: Facilities Technician
Description: The Facilities Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the company facility.
Reports To: Sr. Facilities Manager
FLSA Type: Non Exempt
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following is meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Perfoms all aspects of facility maintenance as assigned by Sr. Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for general cleanliness of the exterior and interior of Solta Medical.
- Performs minor repairs and fixes with regard to HVAC/electrical/plumbing when warranted and capable until and if outside vendor assistance is needed. Repairs should be discussed with Sr. Facilities Manager or VP of Operations before work is done.
- Uses hand and power tools as necessary,
- Serves as facilities liaison with other departments as appropriate particularly as it impacts the coordination of work, maintenance and safety.
- Upon arrival each day, checks that all kitchens are stocked with paper and plastic products and the coffee machines are stocked and ready to go.
- Assists as liaison for nightly janitorial crew. Assures that their job is completed and if not, makes note of it so correction can be made.
- Stocks any and all supplies throughout both buildings as necessary.
- Establishes and coordinates with the Receptionist inventory of all facility supplies.
- Stocks all warehouse delivered supplies (including but not limited to, facility and office supplies, paper, office furniture) in a timely manner.
- Performs routine clerical tasks as needed for facility maintenance.
- Responds to facility requests in a timely manner.
- A contributor to company safety issues.
- Stocks and cleans copy areas on a weekly basis.
- Stocks restrooms throughout the day as necessary
- Clears hallway of boxes in a timely manner
- Forwards pictures of extra items to be picked up by our recycling company as needed.
- Acts as the point person to meet with our recycling company to oversee their pick up of our recyclables.
- Works with Sr. Facilities Manager to set up new cubes/offices for new hires. This includes going over check list 2-3 days prior to start of new employee.
- Provides on site support as liaison to vendors when called upon by the Sr. Facilities Manager.
- Provides support to all employees. If minor request is made has authority to respond and handle. If not comfortable, has authority to request employee to seek assistance with task from Sr. Facilities Manager.
- Maintains necessary file on a weekly/monthly basis that chronicles all completed tasks.
- Bi weekly meetings with the Sr Facilites Manager to discuss and address safety, maintenance, weekly tasks (previous and upcoming) Perform other related duties as required.
Language and Verbal Skills:
- Experience with building maintenance and/or property management.
- Experience working in a commercial facility.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Experience using forklift
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of environments or work demands.
- Ability to maintain high level of consciousness and sensitivity to employee needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including early morning, evenings and some weekends.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Proof of auto insurance and access to use of an automobile and willingness to drive on company business.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and assist in the creation and refinement of company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
May be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 30 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
The work environment is office and light manufacturing. Noise levels are usually moderate. Some work may entail incidental exposure to biohazardous materials (returned product from doctor’s offices) where the employee must employ standard techniques to protect against chemical and biological hazards. Work requires a high degree of mobility throughout the day.
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.