The Faculty Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for assigned faculty for their research, teaching and service needs. This position will serve as the liaison between designated faculty and the students, and other department offices as needed.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Clerical or other related office experience.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Must have strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint). The experience should include: macro queries, mail merge, and creation of charts and reports.
- Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to independently compose correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a positive and helpful attitude.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks from multiple faculty members, be detail oriented, and able to work in an open office environment.
Rice University - 19 months ago