Performs professional level work in conducting research or conducting college or university courses for undergraduate or graduate students.
- Develops and maintains ongoing professional relationships with TTUHSC faculty and staff and customers including individuals, organizations, and agencies.
- Liaison between the Simulation Center and participants conducting certification courses.
- Maintains knowledge and skills of current nursing standards regarding evidence based practice.
- Attends faculty development training/conferences to maintain competency
- Assists in preparing and set-up of simulation based experiences.
- Cleans, maintains and stocks supplies, equipment, mannequins and simulators.
- Assists Faculty Coordinator and Simulation Tech in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment, manikins and simulators.
- Assists with simulation based experiences with approval from the Simulation Center’s Faculty-Coordinator.
- Assists faculty with development of simulation based activities with approval from the Simulation Center’s Coordinator.
- Assists faculty with simulation based research activities with approval from the Simulation Center’s Coordinator.
- Maintains confidentiality of records.
- Adheres to national, institutional, and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Represents the Simulation Center and TTUHSC at meetings related to responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree. All degrees must be from an accredited university. Clinical experience (for at least two years) in the general area in which the individual will teach. Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or eligibility to receive Texas license.
- Current certification as Basic Life Support , Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Life Support.
- Instructor or ability to acquire certification in 30 days.
- Teaching experience.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V. is required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.