Apply your passion for adult higher education while preparing students for success in meeting the challenges of the 21st Century. Excelsior College, a pioneer in distance education, offers an environment that values innovation, diversity, and academic rigor. We seek experienced, motivated applicants for the position of Faculty Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation to work within the School of Business and Technology (SBT). For over 40 years, Excelsior College has provided rigorous academic programs to adult learners. The College meets students where they are academically, geographically, and technologically and assists them in reaching their goals by offering a range of academic offerings. Excelsior College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and holds specialized accreditation from TAC of ABET and NLNAC. Over 1,500 part-time and full-time faculty and a staff of 480+ currently serve over 35,000 enrolled students. This position is located in Albany, NY. Therefore, the College is part of a vibrant and culturally rich metropolitan area that has a population of approximately 800,000.
The Faculty Director of Assessment and Program Evaluation (FDAPE) will be responsible for the development and management of the outcome assessment process in all the degree programs in the School of Business and Technology. The FDAPE will provide support to program directors in articulating and assessing learning and program outcomes. Responsibilities include overseeing the design, validation, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of research that focuses on outcomes assessment, curriculum review, and student retention. The FDAPE also develops or uses existing assessment tools, interprets and analyzes data for academic program improvement, and promotes institutional accountability. This individual works collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Dean, program directors, and Faculty in the School of Business and Technology to implement the outcomes assessment and research activities in the College’s Outcomes Assessment Framework. Travel is occasionally required in this position.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The FDAPE will interface with the teaching/development faculty and support staff. Namely, but not limited to:
- Review and develop outcomes assessment process for the School of Business and Technology.
- Act as primary interface between SBT and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure compliance with college-wide assessment initiatives.
- Act as primary lead in the development of a program evaluation and assessment plan.
- Develop best practice for outcomes assessment for SBT.
- Ensure compliance with ABET and IACBE accreditation requirements for outcomes assessment.
- Assist in the development of measurable program outcomes and in the development and selection of assessment instruments, strategies, and rubrics to measure program outcomes and the effectiveness of curricula, teaching activities, and learning services for SBT.
- Participate in preparing grant proposals and conducting projects that focus on teaching, outcomes assessment, and learning.
- Create and maintain databases and archives relevant to outcomes research for SBT.
- Collate and publish information about the School of Business and Technology including presentations and written reports that document program and learning outcomes for both internal and external groups.
- Develop and administer surveys and other assessment instruments to assess outcomes; oversee the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results in support of overall college-wide assessment initiatives and processes.
- Develop web-based documents that assimilate, store, and present student learning and other outcomes assessment data for SBT.
- Contribute to student retention research and analysis.
- Conduct other special projects and performs other duties as assigned for SBT.
- Director of Online Course Management Systems
- Adjunct Faculty, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, etc.
- Faculty Program Directors
- Earned doctoral degree preferably in curriculum development, assessment, measurement, program evaluation, institutional research, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Strong research design and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of outcomes assessment strategies and tactics in higher education, preferably in setting(s) featuring distance education and adult learners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent computing skills including statistical analysis, data storage, and data base manipulation.
- Excellent skills in qualitative and survey research.
- Experience in publishing and presenting educational research.
- Experience in higher education in a faculty or administrative role.
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...