Program Directors in the School of Health Sciences are internal faculty (Excelsior College employees) who provide academic leadership for the development and management of the curricula for assigned programs and services within the School. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, NY |
Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
Curriculum Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
Faculty Management and Development
- Serve in a leadership role while working with faculty to ensure curricula integrity of programs within School of Health Sciences.
- Hold faculty appointment to the School of Health Sciences Faculty Committee.
- Oversee the development of health science courses and programs, including all public health courses and programs .
- Evaluate levels of reliability and validity of assessment instruments.
Facilitation of Learning and Student Support
- Recruit and orient adjunct faculty, mentor and coach new faculty.
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate strategies that support faculty development, retention, and satisfaction.
- Evaluate faculty performance and provide constructive guidance and feedback.
- Assure consistency of student evaluation and faculty adherence to scoring protocols.
Coordination and Administration of Courses, Assessments and Guided Learning Activities
- Develop and evaluate strategies that support student learning, retention, and satisfaction.
- Research and investigate online educational methodologies and strategies to support student success.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote student socialization and retention.
- Assure consistency and maintain quality standards in the delivery of courses, assessments, and guided learning activities.
- Provide information and professional judgment to other programs and College staff related to student needs, interests, and issues.
- Advocate for programs and services that promote student success.
- Perform administrative functions essential to the assigned program.
- Facilitate the implementation of all course-related technology and services.
- Participate in activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Health sciences.
- Communicate information to faculty and students regarding academic policies as they relate to health science courses and programs; assure adherence to same.
- Coordinate scheduling of courses based on student needs and unit resources.
Communication and Collaboration within the College Community
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in identifying and responding to grant opportunities supportive of the strategic initiatives for the School of Health Sciences.
- Assume a leadership role in developing and implementing special projects as assigned.
Professional Development and Community Involvement
- Participate in School of Health Sciences and College-wide committees and activities.
- Collaborate with other units for the provision of student services.
- Participate in activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Health Sciences.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and forums.
- Participate in marketing and outreach activities.
- Participate in quality improvement and customer satisfaction activities.
- Participate in the process of systematic program evaluation.
- Provide consultation services to internal and external customers.
An earned doctorate in public health or a related field and a master's degree in public health from a regionally accredited institution. Experience in higher education is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- Engage in scholarly activities, such as publications, presentations, and/or research.
- Participate in activities in service to the health science professions.
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
- Engage in community service.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with online education preferred.
Excelsior College - 30+ days ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...