Do you enjoy seeing patterns and putting large puzzles together? Have a keen eye for detail and a drive to analyze? Want to be part of a team charged with working directly with Faculty and scheduling them for courses they are approved for? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, the Faculty Scheduling department at Ashford University sounds like a great fit for you! Our office may be business casual, but we’re serious about student success & retention. Are you?
The Faculty Scheduling Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Faculty Scheduling Specialist will have regular interaction with the Academic Affairs four Colleges, Full Time Faculty, Part – Time and Associate Faculty.
Essential Job Duties:
• Evaluates and improves existing processes and workflows to meet Best in Class initiatives.
• Responsible for the management of teaching schedules of Full Time, Part Time and Associates Faculty.
• Develop and design reports to drive business initiatives: Faculty Needs Assessment & Faculty Recruitment
• Research best utilization of our new faculty to meet current business needs.
• Develop and design standard communication for updates to Associate Faculty.
• Independently make the following determinations regarding Associate Faculty: Replacements, Retraining, Deactivations, Scheduling, Teaching Course Loads, and Course Materials.
• Schedule approximately 100 courses every week
• Attend monthly Faculty Peer Review meetings for each of the four Colleges and provide Operational impact to drive decisions regarding utilization of Associate Faculty
• Interpret faculty performance indicators to determine course teaching loads.
• Analyze course requirements and teaching history to determine faculty course material needs
• Analyze performance data to determine replacement of underperforming instructors in courses.
• Engage in discussions with faculty who are out of the classrooms for an extended period of time for either retraining purposes or deactivation.
• Analyze and determine Faculty needs assessment for courses within each college.
• Discuss availability and teaching preferences with faculty to determine the best placement and utilization of their skills.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, which includes, word, power point, excel and access databases
• 3+ years managing and/or developing projects, vendor relationships, and databases of increasing complexity and scope preferably in a university setting
• Knowledge of student and learning management systems desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree; degree in project management, or business administration preferred.
• Masters Degree preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...