Performs electrical and physical failure analysis on power management devices to support the company goal of improving product reliability and performance.
- Understand, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties, process capability and techniques used in production, particularly in Si wafer fabrication.
- Make recommendations for design engineering, process engineering and packaging engineering on selection, manufacturing, application and test of electronic components and systems.
- Use electronics and device physics concepts
- Develop proficiency in operating FA tools, such as X-ray, C-SAM, photon emission microscope, SEM, FIB, etc.
- Read circuit schematics and layouts, and applies failure analysis procedures to identify the failure location and the root causes (troubleshooting capability).
- Write failure analysis reports, including charts and photographs.
- Collaborates with design engineering, process engineering and package engineering to correct the product defect or weakness and to improve the product reliability.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Science; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience Failure Analysis of IC (integrated circuits) experience required. Hands-on lab experience using optical microscope, X-ray, C-SAM, hot spot analysis, photo emission microscope, Si de-process and SEM.
- Solid knowledge in circuit and device physics concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive numerical and graphical data analysis using software tools.
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly with MS Excel software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilizes a proactive and persistent approach and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Ability to successfully communicate with individuals at all levels of the business and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.