Senior Failure Analysis Engineering Technician (Physical)
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to perform lab services in response to submitted job requests from the Fab module, integration, and yield and product engineering teams. These technicians will have skills in performing physical failure analysis using a variety of analytical equipment and techniques. The position is a shift position (working alternating weeks of three and four 12 hour shifts per week). GLOBALFOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
- Operate state-of-the-art analytical lab equipment including SEM, FIB (focused ion beam), TEM, wet and dry etching and delayering
- Perform necessary sample preparation techniques to enable subsequent analyses to be conducted
- Conduct routine analytical jobs using defined and documented procedures meeting or exceeding cycle time and quality standard expectations
- Interact with lab shift supervisors, lab engineers & managers, and module, integration, yield and product engineering members on defining analytical methods needed to achieve expected results
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities of analytical equipment as needed and support maintenance activities with vendors as needed
- Assure smooth operation by minimizing stand-by and idle times
- Use standard software applications for analytical job management and result reporting
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
- Train new team members as requested
- A degree in Science, Math, Engineering, electrical engineering, or similar technical subject: 2 year Associates degree plus 5 years relevant semiconductor failure analysis experience, or a bachelors degree. Equivalent military training may also be considered. A high school education with at least 10 years relevant semiconductor failure analysis experience may also be considered.
- Direct experience working in an analytical laboratory, preferably related to failure analysis, materials science, inorganic chemistry or semiconductor manufacturing would be an advantage
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule, including nights
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of analytical laboratory equipment and analytical techniques and methods
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer workstations and analytical lab equipment operating computer systems
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring a high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Ability to work well in a diverse, global team as a strong team player
- Knowledge of the analysis of and methodologies used in failure analysis for state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing.
- Knowledge of state of the art semiconductor manufacturing technology
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 19 months ago