As one of the premier semiconductor manufacturers, we are seeking a Failure Analysis Technician to take initiative for analysis and data reporting to drive continuous improvements within the Wafer Fab, QA, and Product line groups.
South Portland, Maine
Within the Failure analysis lab
- Perform failure analysis on digital, analog, discrete, and Optoelectronic product by bench testing, fault isolation using TIVA, EMMI, and thermal for the Wafer Fab, QA, and Product Line groups.
- Analyze package and die level components to determine root cause of failure using circuit schematics, layouts, and fault isolation techniques.
Within the office
- Use a wide range of AC and DC test equipment including parametric analyzers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes to characterize failures.
- Use a wide range of analytical equipment including Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM), Photon Emission Microscopy (EMMI), Thermal Induced Voltage Alterations (TIVA), and Energy Dispersive X-rays (EDX) to establish where the failure is location.
Work a flexible 2nd shift (flexibility to choose starting time between 12pm -3pm).
- Document and report findings to the engineering and manufacturing communities by using Microsoft Office Applications, Google Docs, PDF.
- 2-5 years related experience
- 2 year AA- Electronic/Electrical Tech
Fairchild Semiconductor Incorporated - 7 months ago