JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Advocacy Center Manager
CENTER: Nuestra Familia
REPORTS TO: Center Director
Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work. This position plays a central role in fulfilling those two commitments. The Family Advocacy Center Manager provides oversight through monitoring center standards, initiating staff training, facilitating team meetings and insuring high quality program content.
The Family Focus Advocacy Centers are community based comprehensive programs funded by the Department of Children and Family Services to provide holistic services for vulnerable children and their families. The programs operate by working with and supporting families in the community who are having difficulty parenting and may be at risk of having their children removed; foster families with a goal of reunification; and community members in need of other forms of assistance.
• Provide direct supervision to the Family Advocate Worker(s), Early Childhood Parent Educator, and Early Childhood Developmental Specialist, employing team and individual reflective supervision techniques.
• Coordinate and provide staff development and in-service trainings and workshops.
• Support staff in the development and implementation of the Center’s program components; i.e., intake, home visiting, needs assessments, individual family support plans by holding weekly debriefing meetings to ensure individual families’ needs are met and goals are attained.
• Consistently review all staff member’s documentation, data collection, tracking systems, record keeping, and reporting for evaluation to guarantee accuracy and accountability in meeting participant needs.
• Facilitate group counseling for 5-10 families with a focus on those families who may require more intensive services and provide direct services as needed.
• Administer personnel and budgetary paperwork (time sheets, check requests, travel reimbursements, and supply ordering, petty cash receipts and budget accounting).
• Present Center services, outcomes and projections at local agencies and in community committee meetings to build and enhance collaborating partnerships
• Assist and guide staff to develop collaborative relationships with community-based agencies and develop formal agreements with other community-based agencies to offer beneficial services to FAC families.
• Attend monthly meetings with other FAC Center Managers and with the central office coordinating staff to share pertinent program information.
• Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards of practice with families and coworkers.
• Serve as a liaison and maintain contact with other DCFS funded programs, and represent Family Focus in other community-based collaborations.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Master's degree in human service field and 2 years or experience working in a strengths-based environment with family, children or youth. At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Knowledge and skill in working with families in crisis or in sensitive situations
• Experience in program implementation and oversight, supervision, documentation, and data collection.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral Spanish and English.
• Strong collaborative skills, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills are required.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Sensitive to diverse cultures and populations
• Must have access to transportation
• Work related travel required. Some evenings and occasional weekends required.
• Flexibility to move from working at one Family Focus center to another Family Focus site, if the need is greater in another community.
We're staying late at school: Family Focus is helping to turn schools all around Chicago into welcoming community centers, alive with...