The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
The Family Advocate is responsible for implementing the core family partnership, parent involvement, and community partnership functions for the center-based option of a Head Start program. The Family Advocate recruits and enrolls children for the program and then uses a family development model to support and assist a caseload of families as they identify and meet goals they establish in Family Partnership Agreements. This position also assists with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. This position supports the larger system of social services coordinated by Head Start, thereby supporting the goals of the program. The position may involve reassignment of caseload and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
The Family Advocate will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Acelero Learning employees. They will use knowledge of the principles of family support and case management to collaborate with related service areas and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. They will provide opportunities for families to become involved in program and to interact with one another in parent meetings. Appling a family-centered philosophy in services delivered to children and families they will assist families with building peer support networks in the community. The Family Advocates will have high expectations for families and works to motivate and inspire them to increase their participation and involvement with their children’s education.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The family advocate’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
A) Recruitment, Selection, and Enrollment
B) Family Partnerships
C) Community Partnerships
D) Service Coordination and Record Keeping
· AA/AS (social work, education or a related field preferred). BA/BSW highly preferred.
· Experience and training related to social, human or family services.
· Experience, training, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for
their families. Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parents.
· Knowledge of community based organizations preferred.
· Ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written form.
· Advanced computer skills in email usage, word processing and internet navigation.
· Work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
· Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
· Pass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Acelero Learning - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build...