Human Resources Consulting, Inc. (HRCI) is seeking qualified individuals to serve as Family Assistance Center (FAC) Specialist for the National Guard in Latham/Queensbury NY. The FAC Specialist will provide information, referral, outreach and support services to geographically dispersed Service Members and Families. Assistance is provided to all branches of the service regardless of duty status. Information and referral includes crisis intervention, legal, financial, TRICARE, ID Cards/DEERS, and community outreach resources. The FAC Specialist is supervised by the FAC Coordinator and FAC operations are under the technical guidance of the State Family Program Director (SFPD). |
Major responsibilities include (not all inclusive)
- FAC Specialists shall provide information, assistance, referral, and follow-up services to Service members, Families and Survivors from all branches of service and components regarding pay/financial issues, military medical benefits, legal issues, ID Cards/DEERS enrollment, and a wide variety of other Family related issues. Assistance shall be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and follow-up shall occur within 72 hours of initial contact. All cases shall be documented in the Guard Family Management System (GFMS).
- FAC Specialists shall coordinate financial assistance from military, governmental and civilian organizations as needed to assist Service Members, Family members and Survivors experiencing financial hardships. This includes referral to appropriate offices, agencies and organizations.
- FAC Specialists shall develop and maintain a directory of resources, agencies and organizations that are available to assist Service Members, military Families and Survivors. Additionally Family Assistance Specialists shall keep abreast of research and policy/legislative changes impacting Service Members, Family members and Survivors.
- FAC Specialists shall provide advice and guidance to Family Readiness Groups (FRGs) as required by the SFPD. They shall assist the FRG in gathering, collating, maintaining and disseminating information and resources to Families.
- Family Assistance Specialists shall have broad based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of military personnel, human resources, and Family programs as well as an understanding of the ARNG. The contract employee must demonstrate a working knowledge of military well-being programs, Family programs, and the deployment support cycle requirements.
- Contractor must be a self-starter and require minimum oversight.
- Contractors must be computer literate and proficient in preparing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Contractors must have the ability to gather information, make recommendations for program improvement, synthesize information, and provide communication (orally and written) to disseminate information throughout the organization. Contractors must have the ability to develop PowerPoint briefings as directed.
- Must have a current and valid drivers license.
- Must have ability to pass required background investigations, with a minimum NAC clearance.
HRCI offers a competitive benefits program which includes: 10 paid vacation/sick days, 10 paid holidays, 401K (w/4% company match), $50k Life Insurance Policy, and a comprehensive Health and Dental Plan.
- 24 months ago - save job