Provides legal representation on family law matters (i.e. protective orders, custody issues, property settlements and support orders). Provides legal advocacy, information, and referral to clients
- Provide legal representation on family law matters (i.e. protective orders, custody issues, property settlements and support orders). Provides legal advocacy, information, and referral to clients
- Provide legal information and advice to clients regarding family law matters, offering referral and advocacy as needed.
- Attend court hearings as scheduled.
- Hold active membership in the Texas Bar Association and other organizations as determined by the agency.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, professional journals, law books and the Texas Family Code and all other code and rule books necessary to representing clients.
- Network with the civil and criminal justice officials and law enforcement to facilitate client and community response.
- Must be able to produce documents in a clear, concise, and effective manner befitting the standard of the legal profession; create forms as required by the program.
- Maintain client contact, calendars, hard files and e-files in a consistent and timely manner while meeting all deadlines.
- File legal documents within the judicial courts.
- Maintain sufficient number of CLE units as required by the State Bar of Texas.
- Produce monthly statistical reports.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and updating an attorney referral list.
- Provide regular training on family law and domestic violence related issues to colleagues and other professionals.
Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from an accredited law school, license to practice law in the state of Texas. Must be familiar with legal services, resources and procedures available in Tarrant County where services are provided. Knowledge of crisis intervention, case management, and social work theory and ethics highly desirable. Experience in and knowledge of the criminal justice system, family violence and family law required. Some experience with pro bono representation preferred.