Hospital-employed full-time faculty member needed for dynamic unopposed 10-10-10 combined MD/DO residency program.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a family physician educator who wants to practice and teach the full scope of Family Medicine, while having an opportunity to touch the lives of an urban underserved population.
Responsibilities include direct patient care with obstetrics, teaching and precepting residents/medical students and curriculum development.
The Family Medicine residency is the only medical/surgical residency in Schenectady and has the broad support of both hospital-based and community-based physicians. The residency is an integral part of both the hospital and the Schenectady medical community, accounting for a large percentage of the primary care in the area.
Ellis Medicine is the sole provider of acute hospital care in Schenectady County. The Ellis Medicine facility features three campuses including a 385 bed inpatient facility with a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit, a free-standing 55 bed maternity facility with a level 2 NICU, and a primary care outpatient campus, which houses the residency.
With more than 600 affiliated physicians and over 3,300 employees, were one of the largest employers in the area and provide a network of care to serve every segment of the population.
About Our Community:
- Competitive salary, one of the best in the region
- Production Incentive Bonus
- Potential Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation reimbursement up to $10,000
- Malpractice (Occurrence) Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance Plans
- CME Stipend $3,000 per year
- 403(b) TSA & 457 qualified deferred compensation plan retirement programs
- Medium-sized city with suburban surroundings
- Numerous Recreational, Educational, Cultural Opportunities
- Central location to NYC, Boston, Montreal
- Near Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Vermont skiing, Adirondack Park
- Affordable housing, excellent schools
- 3 years ago - save job
Ellis Hospital offers an excellent salary; a comprehensive benefits package and a progressive environment that recognizes individual...