The Physician provides the patient with the primary cost effective care, as a means of entry into the health care system, in a competent manner to diagnose and treat illnesses and disorders consistent with medical protocols.
Hours: We offer flexible schedules. General daytime hours are Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM.
Pay Range: Philadelphia FIGHT provides competitive salaries and excellent benefits!
· Evaluate the patient’s total health care needs and provide personal medical care within the scope of his/her competency
· Perform physical assessment by interviewing, recording and interpreting medical and social history of the patient
· Order diagnostic or therapeutic procedures or lab testing
· Develop, implement and coordinate all aspects of a comprehensive health care plan for patients
· Admit and treat patients in the hospital
· Initiate referrals to other health care providers and/or consulting physicians as needed
· Coordinate all aspects of patient care, including discharge and follow-up plans
· Facilitate interaction and cooperation among health care staff involved in the planning and provision of health care
· Maintain current technical knowledge and seek educational and professional opportunities to enhance clinical practice and competency
Philadelphia FIGHT provides a rewarding and challenging work environment, state of the art facilities, and a very competitive benefits package which includes: full health and dental benifits, a generous retirement plan, LTD and life insurance, vacation and sick days; long term care insurance and more.
Philadelphia FIGHT is an AIDS Service Organization (ASO) whose mission in recent years has expanded to include attention to the social problems that create vulnerability to HIV. Our programs are designed with significant input from the affected communities, and respect the dignity and life experience of the people who participate in them, along with their right to self- determination in their own treatment and life choices. Our goal is to end the AIDS epidemic within the lifetime of people living with HIV now and we believe that the Internet is a critical tool in ending the epidemic.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic (DO) from an accredited school of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine required
- Valid PA medical license, DEA, CPR
- excellant verbal and written communication skills