Family Health Centers of San Diego is a private nonprofit community clinic organization that is an integral part of San Diego's healthcare safety net. Since 1970, our mission has been to provide caring, affordable, high quality healthcare and supportive services to everyone, with a special commitment to uninsured, low income and medically underserved persons.
Every member of our team plays an important role in improving the health of our patients and community.
With 35 locations in San Diego County that include 18 outpatient clinics and growing, we are currently searching for an Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner. We offer a positive work environment, a competitive salary and excellent comprehensive benefits package.
This is a PART TIME, 20 hours per week position at our City Heights Family Health Centers. We are looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who is able to see all ages.
City Heights Family Heatlh Centers
Address: 5454 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
- Cooperates with the timely submission of credentialing and licensing paperwork
- Follows FHCSD policies and procedures
- Maintains BLS certification
- Minimizes incident reports
- Uses resources efficiently and practices medicine in a cost-effective manner
- Documents appropriately in the medical record: medication reconciliation and provider name stamp/print
- Maintains CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board
- Maintains satisfactory peer reviews: able to assess medical information including pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis etc… in order to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention
- Participates in administrative duties: lab reports, charts and med refills reviewed and managed appropriately
- Attends all mandatory meetings
- Maintains a productivity expectation of 2.7 patients per hour with a minimum requirement of 2.2 patients per hour (exception: providers working as floats and on MMU)
- Meets clinic site and organization needs in a reliable and flexible manner
- Participates in quality/performance improvement and leadership initiatives
- Prioritizes work and makes an effort to adhere to schedule
- New Grads are not being considered at this time.
- Qualified candiates must have a minimum of no less than 1-2 years of recent experience as a practicing mid-level provider in a primary care setting.
- A proven strong commitment to serve homeless and medically underserved families desired
- At least one year experience working with underserved, low-income persons or homeless persons preferred
- Unrestricted California Driver’s License with appropriate transportation and insurance, some travel required
- Fluency in Spanish highly desirable and in the case of some clinic locations, required.
- Completion of Certified Physician Assistant training program required
- Current CPR Certificate Required
- Current California Physician Assistant License
- National certification by the (NCCPA) required (unless pre-approved)
- DEA Certificate required
- Master’s Degree
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Permit required
- DEA Certificate required
- Current CA RN License and Nurse Practitioner License required
- Board Certification
- Current CPR Certification required