The Family Office Accountant is a key position within the family office that focuses recording and memorializing transactions as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Family Office Accountant frequently is the conduit for the family and outsourced professionals. The position requires a person of diverse talents who learns quickly, is highly organized, and initiates solutions.
Family Office Services
The incumbent will be an integral part of the Family Office group providing diversified administrative and day-to-day financial support to the Family Office in the service of our clients. Our ideal candidate will have an extensive and diverse accounting background; strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor; excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to handle and respond to multiple client and department demands; thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment; is a team player but able to work independently.
- Responsible for providing multiple clients with a variety of accounting and administrative services including:
- Responsible for the full accounting processes, i.e. timely posting of all financial transactions to G/L, maintain the general ledger, generate & post all journal entries, coordinate monthly close, and prepare financial reports
- Oversee the Accounting functions including; accounts payable function, ensuring accurate, authorized invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner
- Manage and reconcile numerous bank accounts within many company files
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements with related work papers
- Assist in preparation of annual tax package and supporting documents
- Handle special projects as needed
- Reconcile amounts charged to the intercompany account and provide supporting documents
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Prior Family Office experience strongly encouraged
- Candidate needs to have the highest level of integrity and respect the confidential nature of the information that they are privy to in the Family Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA designation a plus
- Three to five years related experience
- Well organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Knowledge and experience in QuickBooks ,Peachtree accounting software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with multiple entities / intercompany transactions
- Must have a proven record of communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction
- Strong time and project management skills
- Bilingual a plus
The incumbent will be an integral part of the Family Office group; with the opportunity to grow (both professionally and from a compensation stand point).
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...