General Statement of Duties: The Family Partner provides support and advocacy to parents and caregivers and ensures the Family's voice is heard throughout the wraparound process. The Family partner acts as a role model for parents and caregivers in interacting with community providers and agencies.
1. Provides guidance, coaching, training, support, education, and advocacy to Parent/Caregiver with regard to interacting with their child and networking with community resources and treatment providers to meet youth's needs.
2. Assists Parent/Caregiver in articulating Youth's strengths, needs and goals for Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) to the Care Coordinator and Care Planning Team.
3. Engages the Parent/Caregiver in activities in the home and community that are designed to address one or more goals on the Youth’s Individual Care Plan.
4. Assists Parents/Caregivers in recognizing the importance of self-care as a vital component of their parenting and helping them connect with support in the area of self-care as well as support in the form of individual, peer/parent support and self-help groups.
5. Attends meetings (Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), hospital discharge, treatment team and other meetings) with families as needed and assists families and team members with discharge/transition planning.
6. Participates in care planning team (CPT) and may facilitate meetings as needed.
7. Conducts a minimum of weekly face-to-face home visits with Parent/Caregiver, organizes and co-facilitates peer-to-peer support groups and provides telephone support to Parent/Caregiver.
8. Provides transportation to families as needed.
9. Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
10. Attends and actively participates in weekly supervision with Senior Family Partner, weekly supervision with a licensed clinician, and group supervision to review families' progress, identify risk factors, improve communication and work on professional growth.
11. Completes weekly progress notes, treatment goals and other required documentation in a timely manner, adhering to the highest professional standards.
BAMSI, Inc. - 17 months ago