Make a difference in someone’s life!
Volunteers of America of Western New York, Inc. is a growing non-profit human services agency that has been serving families and individuals in need for more than 100 years. We are looking for talented individuals who are results oriented and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the clients and communities we serve.
Family Service Provider
The Family Service Provider works with residents of our emergency family shelter and is responsible for minimizing the time homeless families spend in an emergency shelter by locating appropriate permanent housing. The family Service Provider works with families and utilizes necessary resources to help them transition and become stabilized in housing. All interactions are conducted with in accordance with Agency guidelines and best practices in the social work field.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Case Manager to evaluate each families housing needs
- Offer rapid re-housing services by assisting families to locate and secure appropriate permanent housing; utilizing subsidies as needed.
- Asses guests/residents’ educational, vocational and employment abilities, needs and interests. Arrange and assist families to access educational and vocational courses as appropriate.
- Provide Life Skills training that will assist families to remain stabilized in permanent housing.
- Provide on-going support services and monitor for at-risk families who move into independent permanent housing
- Offer Homeless prevention services
- Assist in job identification and placement for residents who demonstrate the interest and job r readiness to obtain employment.
- Complete all documentation, case notes and develop case plans with the case manager and have on-going communication with the case manager to ensure that family’s needs are being met. Maintain accurate records for all clients that comply with regulatory agencies and VOAWNY guidelines
- Provide life skills training, employment training, parenting skills and other groups as assigned by the Director.
- Help to enroll residents in educational and/or vocational courses as appropriate
- Connect clients to transportation or transport clients as needed.
- Establish a good working relationship with related agencies, refer residents as appropriate and coordinate services with other providers.
- Bachelor of Science in social work, psychology or human services required, Master’s level preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in working with homeless population.
- Extensive knowledge of Monroe County Department of Human Services.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License-that meets VOA driving requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.