Family Support Liaison
Director of Special Programs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a license that has not been revoked, suspended, canceled or disqualified for the last three years immediately prior to application.
MAINTAINS LIAISON WITH:
Faculty and Staff
Regional Office of Education
To assist parents/families in the development of positive ongoing school relationships with school staff in order to address and eliminate potential barriers to student school success
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary is based upon qualifications and the established salary schedule
- Foster a welcoming environment within the school that promotes mutual respect and comfortable rapport among families, school staff and community members
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of parent involvement and student activities as appropriate (with an emphasis on reaching at-risk students and families)
- Work with school staff and families to provide/link families with needed support services
- Work with school staff and families as necessary to facilitate increased school attendance
- Complete paperwork and records required by Federal, State or district mandates
- Make home visits as necessary based on student need
- Facilitate transportation for parent teacher conferences and other needed services to address student needs
- Coordinate and/or support student incentive programs for improved behavior, attendance and academic performance
- Oversee, coordinate, and communicate parent involvement activities
- Serve as an intermediary between school and home to assist in the elimination of barriers to student progress
- Promote, encourage, facilitate and document opportunities for parent participation
- Work closely with teachers of at-risk students in order to develop parent partnerships for the mutual benefit of the student
- Provide family informational programming and assist with communication efforts with families
- Attend and participate in school improvement activities, district or related school activities as requested by principal
- Other work related duties assigned by the principal or district administration
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may be required to work at multiple agency locations as necessary.