GRADE: A/B 16
OBJECTIVE: To aid in the prevention of child abuse and
neglect in at-risk families by providing appropriate
modeling techniques, education and other supportive
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
-Assist in developing and maintaining client records and
program documentation according to contract and CHS
standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress
notes termination summaries, etc.)
-Provide appropriate modeling techniques, education and
other supportive services as delineated in service plan.
-Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in
family assessment and in providing case management
services (information, referral and linkages).
-Arrange for transportation of clients to medical
appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
-Monitor quality of care by complying with contract
requirements for contacting clients by phone, by letter,
and/or by conducting home/residential visits.
-Facilitate or co-facilitate educational classes such as
parenting skills, independent living skills, anger
management, household management, behavior management,
pregnancy/pre-natal care etc.
-Co-lead parent/child play groups.
-Supervise children in absence of parents.
-Participate in weekly client staff meetings.
-Provide on call support as required or scheduled.
-Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of experience working with children/families
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Previous experience in a social services organization
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Awareness of sociocultural characteristics of service
- Ability to observe and accurately report the
functioning of individuals and families
- Effective parenting skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to make home visits as required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
all essential functions
Needed Physical Requirements: Sitting, Standing,
Walking, Lifting, Carrying,P ushing/Pulling,
Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Driving
Preferreded Physical Requirements: Repetitive standing,
Kneeling, Climbing, Crawling/Crouching
Children's Home Society of Florida - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard