Job Description:PROGRAM NAME:|
GRADE: A/B 16
OBJECTIVE: To aid in the prevention of child abuse and
neglect in at-risk families by providing appropriate
modeling techniques, education and other supportive
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
program documentation according to contract and CHS
- Assist in developing and maintaining client records and
standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress
notes termination summaries, etc.)
other supportive services as delineated in service plan.
- Provide appropriate modeling techniques, education and
family assessment and in providing case management
- Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in
services (information, referral and linkages).
appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
- Arrange for transportation of clients to medical
requirements for contacting clients by phone, by letter,
- Monitor quality of care by complying with contract
and/or by conducting home/residential visits.
parenting skills, independent living skills, anger
- Facilitate or co-facilitate educational classes such as
management, household management, behavior management,
pregnancy/pre-natal care etc.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
- Co-lead parent/child play groups.
- Supervise children in absence of parents.
- Participate in weekly client staff meetings.
- Provide on call support as required or scheduled.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of experience working with children/families
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Previous experience in a social services organization
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Awareness of sociocultural characteristics of service
functioning of individuals and families
- Ability to observe and accurately report the
- Effective parenting skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to make home visits as required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect
all essential functions
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
Needed Physical Requirements: Sitting, Standing,
Walking, Lifting, Carrying,P ushing/Pulling,
Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Driving
Preferreded Physical Requirements: Repetitive standing,
Kneeling, Climbing, Crawling/Crouching