Position requires home visits to new parents. |
• High school diploma, or equivalent required. Continuing education in early childhood and/or family services preferred.
• Demonstrates initiative.
• Effective verbal and writing skills.
• Demonstrates effective organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Competent to successfully interact with families according to their special needs and unique strengths.
• Ability to assess and provide referral services when necessary.
• Demonstrates knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships.
• Demonstrates motivation and the ability to learn and practice basic supportive skills.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
• Criminal background check required.
• Central Registry check required.
Valley Health (Virginia) - 9 months ago