Under the direction of the Center for the Arts Supervisor this position is responsible for on-site market operations during market hours. Including preparation and set-up on Fridays before the market as well as set-up and take-down on market days.
Examples of Duties:
1. Set-up and take-down canopies/tents, barricades, and signs.
2. Welcome vendors and ensure that they are in the correct stalls.
3. Address customer service and vendor issues and concerns.
4. Monitor crowd control and address safety issues as needed.
5. Greet musicians and assist with carrying their equipment to and from the music stall as needed.
6. Assist with special events such as cooking demonstrations and children’s activities.
7. Ensure all vendors are out of the market and the parking lot is clean and litter-free by 2 p.m.
8. Assist Farmers Market cashier processing EBT/CC transactions, collecting and recording tokens from vendors.
9. Complete daily market report.
10. Provide in-person customer service at the Farmers Market.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Must be available the entire season from June through October (1-2 hours Fridays and Saturdays 6:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.).
3. Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check.
4. Must have customer service experience.
5. Must possess diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
6. Must be self-directed and proficient at creative problem solving.
7. Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
8. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
9. General background and strong interest in healthy eating and improving access to affordable, nutritious food.
10. Ability to set-up and take down tents, barricades, signs, etc.
1. One year experience in community organizing or farmers market management.
2. First Aid and CPR.
3. Possess good communication skills, leadership and organizational skills.
4. A willingness to learn about and support people with varied backgrounds and economic status.
This position works approximately 8 - 10 hours/week from June - October. 1-2 hours on Fridays and 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays.
Bloomington Civic Plaza - East lot
1800 W. Old Shakopee Road
City of Bloomington, MN - 22 months ago