Exciting start-up opportunity in our brand-new Elgin photo studio for creative, high-energy professionals at the top of their game. Interested individuals need to thrive in a fun yet fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as well as have talent and passion to open/operate a new studio to support online and print advertising for Sears Holdings.
The position requires the ability to identify emerging trends and be able to successfully articulate them into strategies that align with Sears Holdings overall direction. The individual must be able to collaborate with the respective Buyers in their area of responsibility and must possess the ability to influence at multiple levels. The Photo Studio Art Director will work closely with their Marketing partners to ensure that the fashion statement is clear and consistent in all marketing vehicles. Must be comfortable working within existing style guide conventions, and be willing to work collaboratively, but also have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring tasteful, stylish, high-class ideas to the table.
The Photo Studio Art Director will be a results-oriented, experienced creative leader who will drive numerous initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess the creative talent, leadership and vision to drive design and execution of visual materials for standard and creative imaging across a broad spectrum of advertising requirements. These include web and print media platforms and communication channels and will oversee imaging projects from conception to completion, translating marketing objectives into creative strategies.Directs the creative staff in the production of all advertising and marketing collateral and ensures that visual communication standards are met across various media. Responsible for the quality of work produced by the creative department. The candidate will direct all imaging creative functions, from design and to video and interactive. Candidate must have retail studio and fashion experience and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Oversee and directs all aspects of creative work and photo art direction for on figure and assigned creative projects/ad dates. Review and approve all work at the key stages up to and including final releases.
- Working knowledge of current color and fashion and creative trends
- Independently recognizes the need for large-scale change; works with management as top functional expert to devise innovative solutions and implement change at the department and/or Division level.
- Ensure Sears Holdings requirements are satisfied as well as the raising the studio photography creative standards. Supervise and communicate any changes to team members.
- Work with internal creative team to remain current on all fashion standards, pre-print, and web, photography for drive time. Drive creative development and consistency of design standards to the next level.
- Drives the planning and creative direction of photography projects to meet production deadlines and budgets.
- Applies insight, intelligence and creative imagination toward a desired result.
- Drives on-figure, room scene, tabletop and location photography to meet and exceed creative excellence.
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, and handle multiple assignments within a deadline driven environment.
- Bringing ideas into action. Offering ideas to accomplish internal and external work resulting in better work and working smarter
- Operate with on-going curiosity about emerging trends in the market through research, observation, print media, and runway
- Gather fashion images from trend services and maintain a current image library.
- Be an active participant in strategic initiatives with merchant partners. Provide insights for product development and marketing
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a Fashion Office environment
- Highly developed presentation skills (content development, presentation, and delivery)
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent design and composition skills.
- Excellent knowledge of photo art direction including lighting.
- Excellent knowledge of styling and propping.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Creative lead for a in-house studio providing strategic planning, creative development and production for retail, financial and manufacturer clients
- Responsible for the direction of integrated marketing communication (from direct mail campaigns to website design and optimization) for Sears Holdings
- Ability to self manage projects and assignments for on time and on budget completion.
- Sound decision-making, delegation and multi-tasking skills; ability to expertly handle multiple assignments within a deadline driven environment.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent time management, strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent ability to problem solve and think divergently.
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft applications.
Sears - 3 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...