Fayetteville Shale Regulatory Analyst
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Southwestern Energy Company is currently accepting on-line applications for a Regulatory Technician in our Fayetteville Shale Division. This position is based in Houston, TX.
Job Description :
The Regulatory Technician will working in a fast paced environment and will be responsible for:
- Representing the Regulatory function group on a Fayetteville Shale development team, creating the necessary relationships to ensure meeting deadlines of the development schedule. Attending team meetings and sharing regulatory changes.
- Organizing the accurate and timely filing of paperwork to the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission and BLM to permit, complete, and obtain authority to produce wells for team.
- Reviewing plans of other function groups in a timely manner to confirm regulatory compliance.
- Providing backup to other analysts in group.
- Performing other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details, and turn in accurate and timely work
- Experience with a regulatory-type environment.
- Ability to work well with others and problem solve in a collaborative manner.
- Must have ability to adapt to change easily.
- Self-disciplined, detail oriented, multi-tasking individual with mature work ethic.
- Inquisitive with a need to understand the “why” not just the “how-to”.
- Good presentation, computer, communication and writing skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience; college degree preferred.
SouthWestern Energy Company - 2 years ago