Senior Federal Accountant
Self-motivated and skilled senior federal accountant with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Successful applicant has the ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks in a challenging and rapidly changing environment. Individual must possesses advanced analytical and process development skills to quickly implement and execute routine and exception accounting processing procedures. The successful candidate will possess excellent client management skills.
The following qualifications are required:
· BS/BA in Accounting or Bachelor’s with 24 hours of Accounting. CPA Preferred.
· Minimum of 1-3 years federal accounting experience.
· Knowledge of Federal accounting principles and procedures.
· Experience with the U.S. Government Standard General Ledger (USSGL).
· Experience with Federal financial operations.
· Experience and understanding of relationships with Budgetary and Proprietary accounts.
· Experience in reconciliation projects related to Federal financial operations (e.g. property, IPAC, FACTS II, USASpending.gov).
· Knowledge of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) standards.
· Experience with Department of Treasury tie points reconciliations.
In addition, the individual must be experienced in or have demonstrated ability to:
- Interpret and analyze the status of available funds and the relationship of obligations to outlays and accrued expenditures.
- Prepare drafts and participate in the implementation of new and revised notices, bulletins and directives on fiscal matters within Federal agencies.
- Maintain existing automated reference files used to process financial data through the accounting system.
- Provide technical assistance and professional advice and recommendations to government managers and others concerned on matters of financial input, accounting controls and financial reporting responsibilities of a Federal agency’s Accounting Branch.
- Perform data reconciliation to assure that entries processed through the automated financial payment system are valid, accurate and processed correctly.
- Develop comprehensive procedures for lifecycle accounting in compliance with federal standards and regulations.
- Research and review documentation to support accounting entries.
- Prepare and reconcile general ledger entries.
- Research accounting issues and assess impact on business processes.
- Perform status and metric reporting.
- Utilize Microsoft Access and Excel to perform data analysis and present findings in coherent client deliverables.
- Utilize a variety of financial data systems including Oracle Financials and Sunflower Asset Management System.
This key team member should provide functional, technical, and/or analytical leadership and support as directed in the above subject areas to assist with meeting client needs and objectives. This is a client-facing position and the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform functional, technical, and administrative tasks as assigned to support project and task completion on time and within budget.
- Execute both routine and exception processing and reconciliation to facilitate accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with preparing materials and responding to inquiries from auditors on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist with performing research and analyses in response to and in support of client needs for assigned areas.
- Support development and delivery of status and metrics reports to client personnel, including executive level management.
- Interface and communicate with clients to build and maintain relationships and communicate task status for assigned areas.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum BS/BA in Accounting or Bachelor’s with 24 hours of Accounting from an accredited university. CPA Preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...