Skilled accounting professional/analyst to support OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A/Sarbanes Oxley internal control review activities for Federal entities. Candidate should possess the ability to interact with all levels of leadership as well as managing several challenging tasks in a rapidly evolving environment. Individual must possess strategic and critical thinking skills and written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable working in both a team environment and independently and possess excellent client management skills.
The following qualifications are required:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Bachelor’s with 24 hours of Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year federal financial experience
- Knowledge of federal accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with federal financial operations
- Experience with the development of test plans, execution of tests of internal controls and analysis of the effectiveness of control activities
- Ability to use Excel to organize, manipulate and analyze large volumes of data
- Strong writing skills to facilitate the documentation of process narratives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to apply knowledge of OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A and/or Sarbanes Oxley to perform control testing, conduct assessments of operating effectiveness, and construct mitigating controls to remediate the deficiencies identified in testing
- Experience supporting the development of Notices of Findings and Recommendations and the subsequent development of Corrective Action Plans
In addition, the individual must be experienced in or have demonstrated ability to:
- Research and review documentation to support accounting entries
- Research financial management issues and assess impact on business processes
This key team member should provide functional, and/or analytical and support as directed, in the above subject areas to assist with meeting client needs and objectives. This is a client-facing position and the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and one or more years of experience in the federal financial environment. Specific experience supporting OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A, and or/Sarbanes Oxley Internal Controls is preferred. Certifications preferred, but not required, are CGFM and/or CPA.
AOC Solutions - 4 months ago
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...