The Federal Housing Coordinator is a temporary part time summer position (250\hrs.) responsible for securing regional housing for the Federal Diversity Internship Initiative.
Essential Functions listed in order of importance :
- Manage a regional housing budget of $220,000
- Research and Secure Regional Housing for 30 to 50 Students:
- Collaborate with Federal Agencies including Department of Transportation and Veterans Affairs
- Research and secure housing facilities throughout the United States for federal interns (corporate housing, extended stays and college housing)
- Conduct cost analysis, negotiated rates, and investigate the safety, convenience, and accessibility of various apartment complexes of housing
- Manage housing contracts for student interns
Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position :
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years' work experience
- Experience working with the temporary student housing is a plus
- Experience conducting research
Equipment Used to Perform the Job which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position :
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Easily adaptable
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
idealist.org - 7 months ago