The Federal Program Coordinator is a temporary summer contract position responsible for managing numerous federal internship programs while working directly with college and university students to provide an excellent internship experience in their particular field.
Essential Functions listed in order of importance :
- Develop programing curriculum in consultation with federal relations team
- Manage and supervise a caseload of 30 to 50 students:
- Mentor students while they are in the program, outlining and monitoring learning goals, and overall progress throughout the semester.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback on assignments throughout the term.
- Assist with internship placements.
- Ensure all TWC constituents have a positive and beneficial experience.
- Plan developmental and professional events bi-weekly for the students.
- Conduct orientation and manage syllabus for program.
- Ensure both federal agencies and students are aware of TWC policies including financial assistance and code of conduct.
- Serve as a liaison between students and internship sites, conduct site visits and perform mid-term and final evaluations.
- Provide all clients with excellent customer service by answering questions and providing information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered :
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position :
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 3 years' work experience
- Experience working with the Federal government is a plus
- Experience working with college students
Equipment Used to Perform the Job which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position :
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Ability to work with college students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Easily adaptable
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
idealist.org - 16 days ago