The Federal Sales Manager is responsible for building and managing a team of inside sales resources in Austin, TX to sell software consistently and predictably to achieve pre-determined sales quotas and targets while ensuring a satisfied customer base to build a sustainable business for future success in the Federal Region.
The Federal Sales Manager has responsibility for all activity within the assigned territory, including:
- Achieving sales targets for SolarWinds products, solutions and initiatives within specific time frames across multiple market segments
- Using Salesforce.com as a sales management productivity tool and champion its use with the Sales Reps and SE’s
- Providing timely and accurate business forecasts to sales and executive management
- Building and effectively lead an inside sales organization through hiring, training, development, and daily goal/objective setting
- Managing direct and channel partner business transactions
- Working closely with other cross-functional management teams in marketing, product, and finance operations
- Executing on appropriate internal and external processes
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build and motivate a sales organization to ensure both short and long term goals, objectives and quotas
- Ability to understand sales numbers and manage to daily sales metrics
- Ability to make adjustments to maintain deal velocity and momentum
- Ability to understand and communicate business concepts
- Ability to adapt to changing business issues and requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in a quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Federal sales experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years sales management experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to lead, motivate and execute with a team of inside sales resources
- Proven ability to recruit, train and scale against aggressive growth targets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Solid understanding of the IT Management market
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments. SolarWinds’ growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds’ products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com .
SolarWinds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online
SolarWinds - 2 years ago
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide products that are designed to make IT...