The Federal Tax Compliance Manager prepares individual federal tax returns for moderately complex UPS entities within the U.S. He/She provides assistance and advice to UPS personnel on federal reporting requirements and back-up withholding compliance. The Federal Tax Compliance Manager manages supervisors.
He/She will audit various reports to identify systematic problems and errors related to fixed asset system applications and input. He/She will idenity and communicate with appropriate UPS groups to provide information on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reports (e.g. reporting problems, tax identification numbers,etc.)
- Audits various reports to identify systematic problems and errors related to the fixed asset system applications and input
- Makes adjustments to actual accounting treatment of transactions to ensure proper tax treatment on tax returns
- Requests reports from UPS computing center to obtain detailed information on fixed assets
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individual and the organization
- Applies standard Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources
- Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
- Identifies and evaluates risks; determines and applies appropriate risk treatment(s)
- Demonstrates a complex knowledge of small package operations; considers the impact of small package operations on other parts of the business; develops solutions to improve operations
- Bachelor's Degree – Preferred in the area of Accounting,Finance or related field
- Master's Degree - Preferred in the area of Accounting,Finance or related field
- Certified Public Account certification-preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...