SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an immediate opening for a Federal Tax Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Responsible for federal tax compliance and planning for all SWBC divisions.
- Reviews SWBC and Subsidiaries consolidated federal tax return for filing. Analyzes all underlying financial and tax data to determine tax impact. Corresponds with federal tax authorities to resolve questions on returns filed.
- Performs research related to federal tax laws and documents SWBC’s tax positions. Reviews research prepared by Federal Tax Accountant for correctness. Summarizes and reports findings to Vice President, Taxation and Senior Management.
- Gathers information requested for IRS audits, performs research for defense of tax positions.
- Coordinates with State Tax Manager on preparation of state income tax returns.
- Reviews reconciliation of federal tax accounts, interim tax provisions, annual tax provisions, and estimated tax payment calculations for review.
- Coordinates with State Tax Manager on reconciliation of state tax accounts, interim and annual provisions, and estimated taxes.
- Applies tax law to Annual Statement and reviews Federal for 1120-L and supporting schedules for SWBC Life Insurance Company for inclusion in consolidated return. Reviews quarterly statutory tax provision.
- Reviews and approves Annual Forms 1099 and 1098 for filing.
- Reviews Federal Form 1065 and supporting schedules for various partnerships and joint ventures.
- Applies tax law to financial information to review 1120PC for SWBC RE, Ltd.
- Reviews and approves annual Forms 5500 for employee benefits plans for filing.
- Coordinates with Human Resources and outside accountants on annual audit of 401(k) plan. Reviews and approves annual audit of 401(k) plan and Form 5500 for filing.
- Researches and documents tax implications of proposed major transactions.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related. CPA preferred.
Must have at least five (5) years of experience in tax accounting. Public accounting experience preferred.
Must have thorough knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and tax law.
Must have good organization and communication skills.
SWBC’s compensation package is competitive and includes the following employee benefits: 401(k) with company match, paid medical/dental health premiums for employees, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com . If interested, please e-mail your resume through our website listed above. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.
- SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
- Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users.
SWBC - 10 months ago
Charles Amato and Gary Dudley, grade school friends who met again in college, began Southwest Business Corporation (SWBC) in 1976 to provide...