Federal Work Study student employees assist the Registrar’s Office, Student Central, Student Finance, Student Affairs/Services, Library, Academic Support Center, and Career Services in helping students with general questions and concerns. All work performed must be in the context of assisting DeVry University students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets students and assist in answering general questions.
- Assists students with transcripts, schedule and course changes, and demographic changes.
- Assists students in the appeals process, Graduation Petition process, registration process, adds and drops, and withdrawals.
- Monitors student central appointments during peak registration times. Sets appointments for students with Deans, Chairs, faculty, Student Finance, etc.
- Assists with student related campus events and organizations, job fairs, Senior Project and other special projects related specifically to students.
- Assists students in the Library with research projects and locating web based and publication resources.
- Provides academic assistance and tutoring to students.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be a current DeVry student in good standing and possess a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six credits per semester
- FWS fund eligible
- Computer skills and customer service attitude is critical
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 20 months ago
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...