Responsible for interacting with restaurant guests, fellow staff members and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner, to ensure all guests have an exemplary dining experience. Deliver bread, serve water, replenish supplies and assist in maintaining cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant by performing the following duties.
1. Obtain training certification in service, hospitality, food and wine knowledge.
2. Help set-up, breakdown and maintain any and all dining areas and ensure appropriate supplies for service.
3. Maintain the stock and cleanliness of the bread service station, where applicable including, but not limited to: the bread warmer, baskets, latex gloves, cutting board, wax sheets, doilies, cutting knife, condiments, etc.
4. Deliver food and to guests in dining room and bar area.
5. Assist in bar set up.
6. Deliver beverages items to guests as needed
7. Serve and maintain guests bread and water.
8. Assist in the clearing of tables and crumbs as necessary.
9. Ensure display of pleasant demeanor to guests at all times by making proper eye contact and smiling
10. Clean and reset all tables continuously during assigned shift, including using dusters to collect debris from chairs and carpet
11. Communicate with servers and managers regarding guest requests.
12. Clean floor and chairs continuously during assigned shift and station, using dusters to collect debris from the carpet and chairs.
13. Assist coffee person with the delivery of beverages.
14. Assist managers and chefs with deliveries.
15. Help organize and clean.
16. Comply with all occupational, health and safety standards.
17. Assist in the safe preparation of the restaurant and its supplies for regularly scheduled exterminations.
18. Attend and participate, including but not limited to answering questions and role-playing, in Pre-Meal meetings.
19. Participate in ongoing training and meetings.
20. Communicate effectively and genuinely with guests, fellow staff members and other departments.
Required Skills & Experience:
High School diploma preferred.
Minimum of 6 months related fine-dining experience and/or training.
Must have computer skills.
Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
Must have good communication skills.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must have ability to obtain Food Handlers Card.
Must have TIPS certification or ability to obtain.
Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
Loews Hotels - 19 months ago