SUMMARY: Coordinates feed delivery activities while communicating with feed ordering department and farms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management’s discretion.
- Oversees and reviews all daily driver paperwork and report all discrepancies.
- Learn and understand the computer controls for the loadout system, and operate daily during his/her shift.
- Receive feed orders from the Feed order department.Download orders into a format that can be segregated into even truckloads.Input segregated orders into the Automation system.
- Coordinate feed deliveries in such a manner that meets the Biosecurity needs of the farm, satisfies the sequential loading and manufacturing requirements of the Medicated Feed Protocol and maximizes the utilization of available trucks and drivers. Work effectively with the feedmill and its manufacturing process, learn feed-types, learn and implement bio-security procedures as well as other protective measures to prevent cross contamination of feeds.
- Forecast and coordinate with feed manufacturing the finished feed needs of the farms and utilize that information for feed production scheduling. Monitor finished feed inventories in order to eliminate shortages, overages and other production and delivery bottlenecks.
- Collect and track feed delivery data and information. Track and total drivers’ hours, miles driven and miles delivered on a period basis, as well as other pertinent information in the area of transportation..
- Schedule deliveries of feed to realize the most cost efficient system of routing, as well as to utilize driver/truck turnaround times efficiently.
- Communicate with production personnel, farm personnel, management and Feed Order Department on a routine basis.
- Coordinates activities and dispatches feedhaul deliveries and schedule feed pickup/transfers at each site. Communicates feed delivery needs to feed manufacturing staff to ensure that adequate volume of feed by feed type is available for delivery .
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance of Feed Delivery Fleet and communication with service provider.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization preferred.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Work with other supervisors and employees to generate a comfortable working atmosphere. Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available at the feedmill complex. The ability to be flexible in work duties and to expand knowledge of the work area to be able to willingly fill in as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must not be afraid of heights, must be able to climb ladders and stairs, must perform housekeeping duties inside and out of the mill and load-out area as assigned or needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, changes in the schedule will be required as special circumstances arise.
Seaboard Foods - 14 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...