Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Fold boxes and place product in boxes for shipment.
• Check job specifications to materials in use.
• Places cartons on belt maintaining proper stack height and carton direction.
• Ensures stack is straight.
• Change pallets and/or loads.
• Packs cartons per packing specifications.
• Perform quality audits during production.
• Assures completion of job(s) and/or form(s).
• Assist Operators in maintaining production and quality.
• Maintain housekeeping to standards set by management.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• Willingness to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
• Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
• Able to perform repetitive and physical tasks for extended periods of time (lifting, walking, pushing/pulling, twisting, bending, etc.)
• Willingness to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hair nets, steel-toed boots, etc.)
• Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
• Willingness to consent to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
• Ability to work in a tobacco-free environment
• Candidate is expected to ask questions if they do not know something, and have an attitude of continuous improvement. This means that they are not only expected to perform their work on a daily basis, but also look for ways to improve that work that will ultimately improve the quality and performance of the Mebane MWV facility on a continual basis.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...