Feeding Children Everywhere (recently featured in TIME Magazine; go here to read the article http://ti.me/QCxeOQ .) is a nonprofit organization that empowers and mobilizes people to assemble healthy meals for hungry children. We are motivated by the 950 million people worldwide and 16 million people in the United States that are currently at risk of going hungry each day.
While Feeding Children Everywhere's main branch is located in Orlando, Fl, our organization is now accepting applications for our Northeast location near the Hartford, Connecticut area. We are very excited to be in the Hartford area, and expect our Northeast interns to play a key role in the development and expansion of this branch. This position is on a volunteer basis, and we are looking for interns who are positive, passionate, hardworking and flexible as our Connecticut branch continues to grow.
Northeast Operations Interns work directly with our Northeast Region Directors to lead our meal packing events! From mobilizing hundreds to thousands of volunteers, training and leading groups, to ensuring proper product inventory levels; this position offers an exciting opportunity to make a difference—hands on! Our events range from University Events, Elementary School Events, to Corporate Events , so this position requires a personality that can engage with all types of people. Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as willingness to get a little dirty (ie. filling inventory of rice, lentils, dehydrated vegetables, and Himalayan sea salt.) This will surely be a fun and rewarding experience, not to mention you will be working with an organization that sends millions of healthy meals to hungry children all around the world!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Pre & Post Event Preparation— which includes loading/unloading box trucks with product
· Traveling to & Leading our Meal Packing Events— all traveling expenses/meals are organized and covered by Feeding Children Everywhere
· Volunteer Management— Leading & training teams of volunteers at events and making phone calls to promote our events and to register volunteers
· Organizing and Counting Inventory/Merchandise
· Promoting events in the area
· Building awareness in the Northeast Region
· Strong Work Ethic & Positive Attitude
· Ability to meet and connect with new people
· Strong work ethic & good attitude
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50Ibs (refilling product during events)
· Weekend availability
· Attention to Detail
· FUN! (Our team likes to have a good time!)
For more information about our program visit http://www.feedingchildreneverywhere.com/northeastintern/