SUMMARY: Serves as support to the Feedmill Manager to integrate operations at the feedmill with other business functions within the company. Functional activities include the following areas: daily transactional activities with clerical and administrative functions of business detail, invoicing of feedmill bills, collection and submittal of payroll actions, inventory control of feedmill supply items to include maintaining the verification of all supplies. This position is required to handle and process critical information involving the overall operation of the milling operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management’s discretion.
- Record and document Employee time away from work and communicate to human resources payroll, and employee.
- Calculate employee time, record, and communicate to payroll.
- Oversee and maintain database concerning purchasing and maintenance as well as processing invoices.
- Manage all data coming from mill and delivery operations.All data must be verified correct compared to reports and then archived and communicated to other departments.
- Manage records to comply with FDA, OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage inventory to include ingredient and feed ordering, reconciliation, and final shrink or gain numbers.
- May be responsible for entering feed orders from the farms into the feed order system.
- Responsible for overseeing all office functions and acts as first contact for all visitors.
- Oversee information flow between management and hourly employees. Completes paperwork accurately and neatly.Performs timely and accurate data entry of all production information.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies, procedures and directions from upper management. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Work with other supervisors and employees to generate a comfortable working atmosphere. Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available at the feedmill complex.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE : Must have a valid Drivers License and clean MVR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and
at the discretion of management. Occasionally, changes in the schedule will be required as special
Seaboard Foods - 7 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...