Fermentation Research Technician -- J02-4215
Selected individuals must carry out research independently, anticipate potential problems, and implement preventative measures. They will act as a resource to others and may serve as a lead on a project or shift. Must be proficient in fermentation and multiple computer applications to provide data reports and analysis.
This position requires participation in a 2 shift/5 day operation in a semi-works environment.
There will be a need for limited overtime and weekend work.
· B.S. in biology, biotech or related field, or the equivalent work experience.
· Demonstrated skill with set-up and operation of fermentors and complex apparatus for batch and continuous studies from bench top to 10L scale.
· Experienced in aseptic techniques and in the cultivation of microorganisms in flasks or fermentors.
· Demonstrated ability to write, review and follow operating procedures and protocols.
· Demonstrated observational skills and ability to make decisions based on the research goals and what is being observed in the experiment.
· Demonstrated ability to use computers and using standard software such as MS office and equipment interfacing programs.
· Experience with common laboratory instruments, i.e., spectrophotometers, pH, YSI, etc.
Employee Type: Contractor 6 month or longer assignment
Location: Glasgow, DE