• Sell and promote Verizon FiOS Data, TV and phone services to consumers within a defined territory with a focus on new to Verizon customers
• Sales will be made primarily by knocking/visiting customers in an assigned territory
• Sales process will include managing a lead list, networking, customer appointments, referrals and door to door sales generation
• Networking could include local events, marketing events, MDU events, neighborhood and homeowners association meetings, and Verizon engineering and I&M organizations
• Systematically review and assess an assigned territory to ensure that potential residential customers are contacted on a prescribed basis
• Prepare and execute customer sales applications
• Meet/exceed assigned targets associated with sales and productivity
• Deliver best customer experience in assigned territory to drive penetration and reduce churn thru partnerships with Verizon area teams and through customer interactions
• Review existing customer accounts and make recommendations for products and services
o Investigate and assess the customer's data and TV needs to make recommendation
• Input orders into computer based application and track customer orders via order management system
• Partner with other Verizon departments to resolve customer concerns around billing, service and repair issues.
• Maintain required record-keeping and reporting of all sales within an assigned territory
• Demonstrate customer-driven attitude through excellent knowledge of products, services, promotions and rates.
• Products and services would include:
o FiOS all speeds
o FiOS TV all packages
o Long Distance Plans
o Value Added Services
o Premium Content
o Contract renewal
o Speed/pkg upgrades
• Travel is required
• BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Communication, or related field experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – a self starter with very strong self-management and reliability skills required.
• Minimum of 1 year of successful sales experience.
• Progressive experience working in collaborative groups and fast paced environments.
• Proficient with Verizon legacy systems (CoFEE, COFEE Anywhere, iVAPP, iGO, etc.).
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to juggle multiple issues simultaneously and prioritize needs of the business.
• Ability to identify issues and provide potential solutions without provocation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Results driven with positive attitude professional flexibility to work in various structured and non-structured environments.
• Flexibility to work within non-standard business hours to ensure that sales quota is met
• Transportation Requirements
o A reliable form of personal transportation (business mileage expenses are reimbursed)
o Valid driver's license, with driving record in accordance with Verizon's policies
o Auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum requirements per state law
• Physical Requirements
o Frequent to continuous local travel.
o Frequent use of standard equipment such as laptop, phones, copiers etc.
o Frequent to continuous walking while carrying up to 10 lbs of equipment/collateral.
o Frequent to continuous exposure to outside environment including inclement weather.
• 2+ years of outside sales experience in a high transaction and fast paced environment
• Experience with consumer marketing, consumer product marketing, and account management.
• Experience with cold-call sales in consumer or business space
• Proactive leadership skills towards continuing product knowledge and education.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers, managers, and executives on strategy and business issues.
• Strong organizational, time management, project management, and negotiation skills.
• A warm and professional presentation style
• Proven sales history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...