Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions by performing the following duties.
Detailed Job Description
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of carrier freight invoices and principal invoices, in accordance with site expectations and customer terms
- Manages the accounting staff and day-to-day functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable within the accepted levels as provided from the general transportation manager
- Direct and monitor the daily activities and functions for freight accounting coordinators
- Coordinate timely and effective resolution of claims that satisfies Exel, client, and carrier expectations
- Interface with other operational Department Managers to assist in resolution of all accounting matters
- Monitor operations department progress on accounts receivable issues, advances, payment protection and outstanding inter-company reports.
- Assist the freight accounting coordinators with carrier inquiries regarding past due payments, payment applications, payment schedule, billing errors, credit balances, and other general accounting topics
- Train associates in all facets of the freight accounting systems to prepare them for advancement, and coordinate participation in cross training programs with freight operations
- Audit account records for accuracy.
- Provide customer support to principals and operations, as needed, including resolving customer invoicing issues/exceptions, providing vendor numbers, answering questions/issues, etc.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Assist with accounts receivable collections calls as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree
- One to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounts receivable experience
- Accounts payable experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced leading a team
- Strong Organizational skills
- PC software Application skills (Excel, Word, Notes)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
Exel - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...