Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions by performing the following duties.
Detailed Job Description
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of carrier freight invoices and principal invoices, in accordance with site expectations and customer terms
- Manages the accounting staff and day-to-day functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable within the accepted levels as provided from the general transportation manager
- Direct and monitor the daily activities and functions for freight accounting coordinators
- Coordinate timely and effective resolution of claims that satisfies Exel, client, and carrier expectations
- Interface with other operational Department Managers to assist in resolution of all accounting matters
- Monitor operations department progress on accounts receivable issues, advances, payment protection and outstanding inter-company reports.
- Assist the freight accounting coordinators with carrier inquiries regarding past due payments, payment applications, payment schedule, billing errors, credit balances, and other general accounting topics
- Train associates in all facets of the freight accounting systems to prepare them for advancement, and coordinate participation in cross training programs with freight operations
- Audit account records for accuracy.
- Provide customer support to principals and operations, as needed, including resolving customer invoicing issues/exceptions, providing vendor numbers, answering questions/issues, etc.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Assist with accounts receivable collections calls as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree
- One to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounts receivable experience
- Accounts payable experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced leading a team
- Strong Organizational skills
- PC software Application skills (Excel, Word, Notes)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload and...